A Marriage License Certificate is a government issued document declaring to the world that two people have been authorized by the law of the State to enter the ‘Rites of Matrimony’.
In Texas both applicants have to apply for a Marriage License in person. In Harris County you can apply at one of their 10 locations listed below. It cannot be done online. Valid I.D. is required and the fee is $72.00.
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 at any of the annex offices or the central location.
They accept all major credit cards, cash, personal check (local only with valid Texas ID), money order, cashier’s check, company check and traveler’s checks for payment of marriage license.
If you are not in Harris County look up you local county clerks office and check the rates as they may differ.
You have from 90 days all the way down to 3 days before the ceremony to apply for you marriage licence.
The fee may vary if you are in a different county. You don’t have to apply for a licence in the county in which you live.
If for any reason a marriage applicant is unable to be present when purchasing the license, an Affidavit of Absent Applicant on Application for Marriage License form should be completed, signed and notarized.
Harris County County Clerk Locations
- Downtown201 Caroline St., 3rd Floor
Houston, TX 77002
- Baytown Annex701 W. Baker Rd.
Baytown, TX 77521
- Chimney Rock Annex6000 Chimney Rock Rd.
Houston, TX 77081
- Clay Road Annex16715 Clay Rd.
Houston, TX 77084
- Clear Lake Annex16603 Buccaneer Ln.
Houston, TX 77062
- Cypresswood Annex6831 Cypresswood Dr.
Spring, TX 77379
- Humble Annex7900 Will Clayton Pkwy.
Humble, TX 77338
- North Shepherd Annex7300 N. Shepherd Dr.
Houston, TX 77091
- Pasadena Annex101 S. Richey St.
Pasadena, TX 77506
- South Belt Annex10851 Scarsdale Blvd.
Houston, TX 77089